Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
See It In Person - On Display In Our Showroom!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
A great starter computerized telescope. Easily portable with high quality optics. Be sure you take the time to read the manual and familiarize yourself with the StarAlign setup procedures using the hand controller!
Be sure to pick up an AC adapter or battery pack.
- The world’s most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the 1970s. Now, the iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
Celestron’s signature orange-tube telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 8SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering impressive views at an economical price.
Big Mirror, Small Price
With a full 8 inches of aperture, the 8SE reveals details in even the faintest celestial objects. With this much light-gathering ability, you’ll clearly observe Cassini’s Division in Saturn’s rings, the cloud bands on Jupiter, and the Great Red Spot. Beyond the solar system, your 8SE will show you hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more. And don’t forget the Moon—you’ll see craters and geographic features like never before.
Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. That’s why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy. What’s more, the NexStar SE breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces, making it easy to transport, even in small vehicles. You’ll have no problem getting the NexStar SE to your favorite observing site, or setting it up quickly in your backyard.
Aligning your telescope is simple and painless, too, thanks to SkyAlign. This process makes alignment as easy as 1-2-3: just center three bright objects in your eyepiece and press ALIGN. For even easier alignment, attach our StarSense AutoAlign and your NexStar SE aligns itself!
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Aperture (mm)||203.2 mm (8 in)|
|Apparent Field of View||0.63 "|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control, Autoguider port, Aux port|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||843 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Linear Field of View (@1000...||33 ft (10 m)|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||81 x|
|Mount Type||Single Fork Arm Altazimuth|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||17 in (432 mm)|
|Power Requirements||8-AA batteries (not included)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstructio...||9.77%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.5 in (64 mm)|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||33 lbs (15 kg)|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Steel (sku 93593)|
|Tripod Weight||9 lbs (4.08 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
- 8" Orange Tube SCT
- Red-Dot Finder
- 90° Star Diagonal
- 25mm Plossl Eyepiece
- Celestron NexStar SE Computerized Mount
- NexStar Hand Controller with cable
- Steel Tripod
- Spreader bar
- Accessory Tray
- Bubble Level
- StarryNight Celestron Edition Software download code
- Printed User Manual
- CD with User Manual