|✔ Staff Pick|
2 IN STOCK
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow CG5/Vixen dovetails and larger CGE dovetails. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lbs
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
The Advanced VX sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes, providing many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts at an extremely affordable price. The Advanced VX mount is designed to provide superior performance for smaller telescopes while taking advantage of Celestron’s most advanced technologies: All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC).
If you’re an experienced imager, you’ll love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site and enjoying all the conveniences of a larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, Advanced VX will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Computerized German equatorial mount
The Advanced VX is the smallest of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts. The computerized GoTo capability automatically tracks objects as they move across the night sky. The Advanced VX mount includes ports for a hand control, an autoguider, and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories. The NexStar+ hand control gives you instant access to all the functions your mount has to offer. With automatic slewing and menu descriptions, any level of astronomer can master this mount in just a few observing sessions. The Advanced VX also has an impressive tripod for its class with a 2” diameter steel tripod legs providing an extra-wide stance for improved stability.
The payload capacity for the Advanced VX is 30 lb. It offers a sturdy platform for any of the Advanced VX optical tubes, even when paired with optional accessories like StarSense AutoAlign, Focus Motor, a finderscope, and a camera. Celestron's payload capacity does not include the weight of the counterweights.
Dual saddle plate
As of early 2019, Advanced VX mounts now include a new dual saddle plate that accommodates both CG-5 and CGE-style dovetail. Switching between the two saddle plates is as simple as moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. Now you can use an Advanced VX mount with virtually any optical tube within its weight limit.
Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software
Your Ultimate Astronomy Software Suite
All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software suite provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications
For more information on CPWI and to see the user interface, click here.
|Mount Type||Computerized Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||30 lbs (13.6 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1118mm - 1626mm (44" – 64")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Latitude adjustment range||7° - 77°|
|Mount Head Weight||17 lbs (7.71 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Vixen/CG-5 saddle plate|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||3 Aux ports (1 hand control and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories)|
|USB Port||Yes, input on Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerized Hand Control||NexStar+ hand control with LCD display, 19 fiber-optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||47 lbs (21.31 kg)|
|Included Items||Advanced VX Equatorial Head| Tripod| Accessory Tray|1 x 12 lbs counterweight| NexStar+ Hand Control| DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)|