Available to Order, usually 7-10 days to ship.
Tele Vue Gibraltar HD4 Alt-Az Mount & Tripod w/Sky Tour
Because portability and usability are design objectives for all Tele Vue scopes, the Gibraltar HD4 Mount has also been produced with these qualities in mind. TeleVue's yoke and cradle design provides balanced, smooth movements.
This sturdy Gibraltar HD4 Alt-Az Mount is an excellent match for Tele Vue's longer, heavier 4" optical tubes. Large bearing surfaces and thick wood tripod legs are equipped to take on these payloads, particularly for high power observing.
Leg extensions lift the altitude axis up to five feet, the perfect height for use with Tele Vue's Air-Chair observing stool. Scale on these leg extensions allows duplicated height setting. A wood accessory tray binds the legs together for stability. Integrated pier enables high-altitude viewing. Additionally, a bubble-level is built into the tripod base.
Tele Vue Gibraltar HD4 Alt-Az Mount & Tripod Specifications
- Weight: 20.5 lbs.
- Height Range: 42" to 60"
- Altitude Range: +80º to -12º
- Suggested Telescope: NP101is
- 10-character red LED display
- 5-level display dimming
- Display Resolution: 1 minute, right ascension; 0.1º declination
- Display Modes:
- STAR FIX - Alignment mode using convenient star list
- RA DEC - Current right ascension and declination
- CATALOG - Complete database of celestial objects
- GUIDE - Shows direction and distance to object
- ALIGN - Uses full database to fine-tune alignment
- IDENTIFY - Identifies object by type
- Tom Lorenzin 2000+ object catalog database includes:
- 110 Messier objects
- Selected NGC objects
- Selected IC objects
- Selected Non-Standard objects
- Selected colored, double, and multiple stars
- 31 alignment stars
- 8 planets
- Customizable FAVorites database that can hold up to 99 objects
- Coordinate Epoch: AD 2000
- Tele Vue Alt/Az
- Dobsonian Alt/Az
- Custom Alt/Az
- German Equatorial
- Alt/Azimuth Setup: Requires 2-star alignment - no input for latitude, longitude, date or time required
- Encoder Resolution: 2160 step, 0.167-degree per step (10-arcminute per step) encoders
- Sampling Rate: 0.5 ms
- Maximum Slew Rate: 160 degrees per second
- Sidereal Clock Accuracy: 0.01%
- Dimensions: 2.8" x 4.6" x 1.1"
- Weight: 6 oz. including 9v battery
- Power Requirements: 5.1 to 14V DC Reverse polarity protected