Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
Not Returnable Please note that used items are not returnable.
This is a standard set of lunar and colored eyepiece filters in excellent condition, but at a low used price! Each filter is in its own individual plastic dust box, labelled with the color on it. In addition to the Lunar & Starglow filter described below, this set has an extra moon filter in it, bringing the total to 8. (The label on the Lunar & Starglow's plastic box also says "Moon" on it--that's not a duplicate moon filter.)
- Kit includes: (1)Lunar & Starglow Filter; (1)CPL Filter; (5)Color Filters: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue; Designed to reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue
- LUNAR & STARGLOW FILTER: Cuts down glare and brings out much more surface detail and gives you better contrast; It is a multi band pass filter transmitting a high percentage of light in the visual spectrum; Effectively filters out selective wavelengths of low pressure sodium and other man-made sources typically used in street lighting
- CPL FILTER: By utilizing a CPL filter, which filters out scattered light, you are able to cut through those reflections and see the detail behind it; Enhances the contrast of the moon and planets in photographic images
- STANDARD 1.25" THREAD SIZE: 1.25 inches/ 3.17 centimeters thread size, fits most telescopes; Color filters have the grooves needed to be softly screwed into the eyepieces lens easily
- 5 COLOR FILTERS: Includes Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue; Red: Helps make Mercury and Venus stand out from the blue sky when viewed during the day; Orange: Helps increase contrast between light and dark areas, penetrates clouds; Yellow: Helps greatly in viewing Mars by bringing out the polar ice caps; Green: Enhances frost patches, surface fogs, and polar projections on Mars; Blue: Helps split the binary star Antares when at maximum separation